Notice of Office - 2022 Municipal Election
Nominations must be filed either in person or by an agent with the Clerk on the prescribed form (Nominmation Paper - Form 1), during normal business hours between Monday, May 2, 2022 to Thursday, August 18, 2022; and on Friday, August 19, 2022 (Nomination Day) between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
In the event there are an insufficient number of certified candidates to fill all positions available, the Clerk will reopen nominations for the vacant positions only. Additional nomination papers would then be accepted between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday August 24, 2022.
The required filing fee for the Mayor is $200 and $100 for Councillor. Candidates must not raise or spend any funds for their election campaign until the nomination form has been filed.
See Notice of Nomination for Office
Monday, May 2, 2022 at 9:00 a.m.
- First day to file a Nomination Paper for the offices of Mayor and Councillor
- Once the Nomination Paper has been filed with the Clerk, candidates can start raising and spending money on their campaign.
- Preliminary spending limit provided to candidates.
- Preliminary self-contribution limit provided to candidates running for Mayor and Councillor.
- First day to file a notice of registration as a third party advertiser
- Third party advertisers cannot raise or spend money on their campaign, or begin advertising, until their registration is certified by the Clerk.
- Preliminary spending limit provided to third party advertisers upon certification.
Friday, August 19, 2022 at 2:00 p.m.
- Deadline for candidates to:
- File a nomination
- Withdraw a nomination
- Change office
Monday, August 22, 2022
- Last day for the Clerk to certify candidate nomination papers.
- Declaration of candidates elected by acclamation, if applicable.
Thursday, September 1, 2022
- Voters’ List available to candidates.
Monday, September 26, 2022
- Last day to provide final spending limits provided to candidates and registered third party advertisers.
- Last day to provide final self-contribution limits to candidates running for Mayor and Councillor.
Friday, October 21, 2022
- Last day to register as a third party advertiser.
Monday, October 24, 2022
Tuesday, January 3, 2023
- End of campaign period for candidates and third party advertisers.
- Last day to file a Notice of Extension to continue campaigning to erase a deficit.
Friday, March 31, 2023 at 2:00 p.m.
- Deadline for candidates and third party advertisers to file the initial financial statement.
Friday, June 30, 2023
- End of extended campaign period.
Friday, September 29, 2023 at 2:00 p.m.
- Deadline for candidates and third party advertisers to file the supplementary financial statement (applies only to those who extended their campaign period).
We strive for accuracy but must reiterate that the responsiblity for meeting all your legislated requirements is that of the candidate. Please refer to the legislation or your own legal counsel or accountant for specifics to your campaign. Please report errors or omissions to municipal staff.
Are you on the Voter's List?
Check out Voterlookup.ca!